The Looking Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Looking Glass

UK Goth/Vampyre/Otherkin/Alternative Community.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Earthquake hits much of England

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MiwSher
Admin
Admin
MiwSher

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Earthquake hits much of England Empty
PostSubject: Earthquake hits much of England   Earthquake hits much of England Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm

The biggest earthquake in the UK for nearly 25 years has shaken homes across large parts of England.

People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk felt the tremor at about 0100 GMT.

An elderly man suffered leg injuries when a chimney collapsed in Wombwell in South Yorkshire, emergency crews said.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said it believed the quake was of the magnitude of 5.3 and that the epicentre was in Market Rasen in Lincolnshire.

Bev Finnegan, who lives in Market Rasen, said: "I was terrified to be honest. The noise was really, really terrifying... it was so deep and rumbling.

"It felt like the roof was going to fall in. There were people coming out in their dressing gowns wondering what it was. It was quite an experience."

Dr Brian Baptie of the BGS said the quake was of a level to cause minor damage to buildings.

"An earthquake of this size, of magnitude five or thereabouts, will occur roughly every ten to 20 years in the UK," he said.

Wednesday morning's earthquake was the biggest recorded example since one with a magnitude of 5.4 struck north Wales in 1984.

UK Earthquake

Wow! I was sat at my pc and felt like someone was shaking my chair, and the ground underneath me felt like jelly. It felt surreal.

There have been a few smaller ones during the past few years, but not as strong as this one in my opinion lol.
Back to top Go down
https://thelookingglass.darkbb.com
LiaCarla

LiaCarla

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits much of England   Earthquake hits much of England Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:16 pm

and I slept right the way through it.

There's no waking the dead LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vampireerotica.net
DarkFlame

DarkFlame

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits much of England   Earthquake hits much of England Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 am

so did I lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake hits much of England   Earthquake hits much of England Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earthquake hits much of England
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Looking Glass :: General :: The Paper-
Jump to: