The Looking Glass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Looking Glass

UK Goth/Vampyre/Otherkin/Alternative Community.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corset Piercing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MiwSher
Admin
Admin
MiwSher

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Corset Piercing Empty
PostSubject: Corset Piercing   Corset Piercing Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:13 pm

I think this looks beautiful, though I doubt I would have the nerve to have it done lol.

Corset Piercing Corsetpiercing

Corset Piercing Corsetpiercing2
Back to top Go down
https://thelookingglass.darkbb.com
Jaycee59

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Corset Piercing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corset Piercing   Corset Piercing Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 pm

belly button piercings and Lady Gaga-style silicone implants, the latest craze in body modification is ‘corset piercing’ where metal rings are pierced into the skin and joined together with a ribbon to give a corset effect.

The ‘decoration’, which can cost up to 300 pounds ($492.00), can be applied to any area of the body where the skin is loose enough to pinch in order to thread a needle through – popular areas include the back, ribs and, in some cases, even the throat.

But a cosmetic surgeon has today warned of the dangers of the bizarre trend which is sweeping the UK, saying the scarring following the procedure can be ‘absolutely horrendous’.

Some have endured an hour of pain to achieve the corset effect but it’s only temporary, after a few weeks of wear they simply grow out, leaving scars in their place.

It appears to be the latest in the ‘body modification’ phenomenon, which has seen people going to extraordinary levels in a bid to stand out from the crowd.

Today it’s possible to be branded, scarred and even have silicone implanted under the skin to create bumps and ‘horns’.

Eccentric popstar Lady Gaga is just one celebrity who’s jumped on the bandwagon. She sported bizarre flesh-coloured ‘horns’ on her face during a television interview in February this year.

According to piercing experts, the ‘corset’ modification is growing in popularity as more and more brave the pain.

But consultant plastic surgeon Kevin Hancock, a council member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons who works at Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Merseyside, warned of the problems it can cause.

He said: ‘I can’t believe it’s something that people would be attracted to.

‘Any piercing, superficial or otherwise, produces a scar and different people scar in different ways.
Back to top Go down

Corset Piercing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Looking Glass :: General :: Body Art-
Jump to: